Research and Innovations for Healthcare Professions Conference
April 27-29, 2016 | Venice, Italy
The IGHPE 2016 Second Annual Conference focused on research and innovations that advance performance in the healthcare professions and was structured around three themes:
- The Vision for Our Health Professions
- Healthcare Without Borders
- Preparing for Digital Healthcare
New paradigms, practices and digital solutions that altering or supplanting traditional pedagogical approaches were discussed. The program of the conference was designed to stimulate creative thinking and collaborations that address the demand for effective, integrated, 21st century health professions education.
The event was attended by leaders and stakeholders in health professions education, including educators, administrators, deans, and program directors from Europe and around the world who shared their vision and expertise in transforming the health professions learning experience.
Venice, one of Europe’s most important commercial, financial and artistic centers in the medieval and renaissance periods, provided an inspirational backdrop for the delegates as they met fellow professionals, explored novel ideas, and forged productive new partnerships to improve healthcare for patients.
Speakers at the IGHPE Annual Conference 2016 in Venice, Italy, included:
- Peter Dieter, President, Association of Medical Schools in Europe (AMSE), Germany
- Victor J. Dzau, President, National Academy of Medicine, USA
- Barbara Brandt, Associate Vice President for Education, University of Minnesota , USA
- Richard Hawkins, President and Chief Executive Officer, American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS), USA
- Mira Irons, Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs, American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS), USA
IGHPE would like to thank the Association of Medical Schools in Europe (AMSE), Professor Peter Dieter, President of AMSE, and the AMSE membership for taking part in this program.